- Baby food or mayonnaise jar
- whipped cream
- Choose a day when it is not very hot outside, or do this activity indoors.
- Working alone or with a friend so your arms do not get tired, put cream into the jar (approx one tablespoon of cream for a small baby food jar).
- Start shaking! After fifteen to twenty minutes of vigorous shaking, you should have a lump of butter in your jar.
- Enjoy it on a slice of bread like Laura did.
From Little House in the Big Woods
There is also our popular activity worksheet to go with churning butter.