Laura first began working on a manuscript about her pioneer life, titled Pioneer Girl, in the 1920s. There are several versions of this manuscript, but Laura eventually turned this manuscript into the popular Little House book series, once it was made more child friendly, as the original Pioneer Girl manuscripts contained stories and information that were not suitable for younger readers.
Laura’s first published book was Little House in the Big Woods, which was published in 1932. She completed the last book in the series, These Happy Golden Years, 11 years later in 1943.
Pioneer Girl is now available in an annotated form, for those who are interested in reading the early version of what would become the Little House books.
- The cover is beautiful and the story inside is absolute gold
- The book gives new insight into what was true and what was fiction in the series
- It belongs on the shelves of every Laura Ingalls Wilder fan
- The gorgeous artwork makes this a stunning piece on coffee tables or book shelves
- Every page turned will take you back to your childhood