- 1 cup horehound tea (available in specialty health food stores)
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups dark or light corn syrup
- Boil horehound leaves to make a good strong tea.
- Drain, keeping 1 cup of liquid tea.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup, then add 1 cup of tea liquid.
- Boil until it barely begins to caramel.
- Put onto a flat greased cookie sheet, in a thin layer.
- Start cutting with kitchen shears or scissors as soon as it starts to harden on edges, or you can cut shapes with metal edged cookie cutters.
From On the Banks of Plum Creek
Leave a Reply