The bible was always very important to Laura throughout her life. She went to Sunday school when it was available, and spent many Sundays at home reading the bible.
In Laura’s small bible, which she kept near her rocker on the Rocky Ridge Farm, a reference sheet to bible verses was found. This reference sheet of Bible verses was found in Laura’s Bible.
Laura used the King James version of the bible throughout her life.
- In facing a crisis read 46 Psalm
- When discouraged ” 23 & 24 “
- Lonely or fearful ” 27 “
- Planning budget ” St. Luke chapter 19
- To live successfully with others read Romans, chapter_12
- Sick or in pain read 91 Psalm
- When you travel carry with you 121 Psalm
- When very weary read Matthew 11_28 & 30 and Romans 8_31 to 39
- When things are going from bad to worse 2 Timothy_3d
- When friends go back on you hold to I Corinthians 13th
- For inward peace the 14th chapter of St. John
- To avoid misfortune Matthew 7_24 to 27
- For record for what trust in God can do Hebrews _11
- If you are having to put up a fight — the end of Ephesians
- When you have sinned read I John 3_1 to 21
And make Psalm 51 your prayer