On the TV show, viewers watched Laura grow up. Laura lived in Walnut Grove with her parents, except for moving for a brief period to Winoka when Walnut Grove fell on hard times. Laura went on to teach at Walnut Grove’s school, and was courted by Almanzo Wilder. They eventually married, but Laura continued to teach at the school. They had two children, a daughter Rose, and a son that was never named. Laura eventually gave up teaching to raise Rose and her orphaned niece Jenny. Laura also runs a boarding house she inherits from a friend.
Laura ran away a total of 3 times (“The Lord is My Shepherd”, “The Talking Machine”, “The Odyssey” )
Laura falls in love 5 times with:
- Johnny Johnson in “For the Love of Johnny Johnson”
- Henry (aka Carl) Sanderson in “The Spring Dance”
- Jason in “The Talking Machine”
- Jimmy Hill in “The Rivals”
- Almanzo Wilder in “Back to School”